State of my Comics Stack
I’ve got a stack of trades on my desk and a shitload of back issues so I’m going to make this quick, but I just had a couple of things I wanted to throw out into the gallery for discussion. In no particular order…
- Waiting for issues of The Walking Dead is getting to be almost as unbearable as waiting for new episodes of Lost. If you aren’t reading it now, get caught up with trade paperbacks. Also, on a related note, I want my #3 trade back Disko. Don’t make me come find you.
- At each of my local comic shops, there is exactly one guy and exactly one girl whose picks I take as required reading. It just kinda worked out that way.
- Mouseguard ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. It’s a cute story and the art is good, but some people act like it’s the next coming of Chris.
- I’m slowly but surely making my way through The Preacher. Yes, I realize everyone else read that 10 years ago. I’m currently trying to find the third trade locally before I resort to instocktrades.com
- If the clerk at World’s Best Comics who recommended Ellis’ Black Summer is reading this, thanks for the excellent pick.
- On impulse I picked up the first trade of The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, a decidedly eastern story about five students at a Buddhist university who try to pay their way through Uni by helping spirits move their physical body to a spot where they can make peace with their life. If you are in the mood for some thick manga, give it a try.
- I would really appreciate it if publishers stopped thinking that we will buy any waste of paper zombie comics they throw out, regardless of how uni-faceted the story and how shitty the art is.
- I would also really appreciate it if any of you that are buying the above mentioned shit zombie books stopped doing so.
- If you like Bruce Campbell, go pick up Man with the Screaming Brain. If you don’t like Bruce, go get a sense of fucking humor you stuck-up emotionless robot.
- The Invisibles is excellent but man is that shit some thick reading. I had to read through Revolution twice before it made any sense.
- It’s really easy to say you are going to keep a database of your books. It’s really hard to actually do it.
- Even if you dont normally read superhero books, check out Garth Ennis‘ current Punisher story arc, starting with issue #41.
- You should all be listening to Around Comics.
- I’m really fucking upset I missed Comic Con.
- I love comic book cosplay. I really do.
- Not all comic book cosplay is good though.
Ok, I’m out. I have reading to do. Leave me a comments with your thoughts.